What do you do when you love Stratocaster look and feel and that Comfort Contour Body, but you love the sound of dual humbuckers too? Out of Fender’s Ensenada factory comes a surprisingly affordable cleverly designed solution, the Fender Blacktop Stratocaster.
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster Models
The Fender Blacktop Stratocaster is currently available in these models:
- Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH with two humbucker pickups
- Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HSH with a humbucker/single coil/humbucker pickup configuration.
- Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH Floyd Rose with dual humbuckers and a Floyd Rose tremolo system.
Traditional Design Features
The Fender Blacktop Stratocaster has all the traditional Stratocaster design features including:
- Comfort Contour Alder body with polyurethane finish and 3-ply parchment pickguard
- 9.5″ radius fretboard and frets with hand-rolled edges for easy playing.
- Four-bolt neck attachment with Micro-Tilt adjustment
- Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage Style tremolo arm
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning machines
- 3 ply black or mint green pickguard
- Choice of Maple or Rosewood Fingerboard
High Output Humbucking Pickup
- The Blacktop Strats use two Hot Vintage Alnico Humbucking pickups in place of the usual 3 single coil pickup design.
- Fender cleverly made use of it’s 5 position switch to allow you to activate both single coil and humbucker sounds. Position 1 gets you the full humbucking bridge pickup. Position 2 activates the two inside single coils of the pickups for a more traditional Strat sound. Position 3 activates both full Humbuckers together. Position 4 activates just the outer single coil of the neck humbucker (again for a more traditional strat sound), and position 5 activates both coils of the neck Humbucker.
The case or gig bag is extra, and we recommend that you get one, but otherwise the Fender Blacktop Stratocaster is an incredible value for such an innovative guitar.