What makes the Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster deluxe?
- Improved neck and fingerboard make the American Deluxe Stratocaster easier to play.
- Locking tuners keep the instrument in tune longer.
- Improved electronics eliminate hum without sacrificing any of the tone and power that has tones and features that kept the Stratocaster the standard for great rock musicians since the 1950s.
- The critically acclaimed S1 Switch gives the American Deluxe Stratocaster a range of tonal options that is the envy of other instruments.
- Modern “C”-shape maple neck with satin urethane finish makes it easier to slide your hand along the neck.
- The 9-1/2″ to 14″ compound-radius maple or rosewood fingerboard.
- The neck heel is beveled for added comfort when playing near the body joint.
- Medium-jumbo frets are included to allow for easier string bending
- Staggered locking tuners keep the strings secured and angled across the nut for consistent tension and improved tuning.
- Fender Noiseless N3 Strat Bridge, Middle and Neck pickups that deliver authentic Strat tone, but without the hum.
- There is a 5-way pickup selector switch, Master Volume, Tone and No-Load tone controls.
- You’ll want to spend some time experimenting with Fender’s critically acclaimed proprietary S-1 Switch (located in the crown of the volume control knob) which reconfigures pickup combinations and adds new tonal options to the existing selection with a variety of series, parallel and combined pickup sounds.
The American Deluxe also addresses certain tremolo bridge concerns. Many players, including Eric Clapton. often put a wedge in to lock the bridge in position in the traditional Stratocaster tremolo bridge for tuning stability. The American Deluxe Stratocaster gives you this option by use of locking tuners and a two-point synchronized American Deluxe tremolo bridge with pop-in bar. This maintains intonation while letting players lean on the whammy bar to their hearts’ content.
Of course the American Deluxe Stratocaster is beautiful too! It has all the fine craftsmanship and finish that have made Fender the oldest and most respected makers of solid body electric guitars. The body is alder or ash with a urethane finish, and has 4-ply brown shell or 3-ply mint green pickguard (depending on the body color), and aged white control knobs complete the classic look.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Models
The American Deluxe Series includes four variations:
- American Deluxe Stratocaster (also available left-handed)
- American Deluxe Strat HSS
- American Deluxe Strat HSH
- American Deluxe Strat V Neck
- American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
The American Deluxe Strat HSS has the same features as the American Deluxe Stratocaster, but also includes Fender Atomic Humbucking pickup in the bridge position for heavier tones and an LSR Roller Nut that allows the strings to glide smoothly across the nut.